Maltese Company Law states that a private company must have at least one director and one company secretary. Bencini Demajo Corporate Services Ltd provides such professional services by offering vastly experienced company directors and company secretaries.
The responsibilities of such a role generally consist of the following :
The general governance of the company and its proper administration and management
Ensuring that the Company complies with the Companies Act
General Fiduciary duties meaning the duty to act in good faith and the duty to use skill and care in the daily management of the company
Holding of Annual General Meetings
Appointing of an appropriate Company Secretary
Procurement of the necessary accounting, auditing and legal service providers as required.
Companies which are registered in Malta must follow certain statutory obligations which relate to its general maintenance. These obligations are usually carried out by the Company Secretary, a professional service that we provide. The responsibilities of such a role generally consist of the following :
- Keeping the minutes at Board and General meetings
- Organising and giving appropriate notices of all meetings.
- Preparing and filling the annual returns.
- Maintaining all the necessary statutory records.
- Drafting any board resolutions.
- Effecting changes in the Board of Directors and Shareholders.
- General administration of any correspondence received.
- Making any necessary amendments to the company’s Memorandum & Articles of Association.
- Submitting the Audited Annual Accounts to the Registry of Companies.
- Recording and notifying the Registry of Companies of any transmission of shares.